Be sure to follow Gleason Elementary PTO on Facebook and Instagram for news, updates and reminders.
Kroger gives back!
Link your Kroger Plus card to Gleason and they'll send the PTO a rebate for your purchases! Find out how here.
Shop & support your PTO!
Did you know a portion of all your Amazon purchases can be donated to your school's PTO? Go to Amazon Smile and select Gleason Elementary as your charitable donation.
Clip Box Tops from your favorite products and turn them into the school. For every 10 you turn in, $1 is donated to the PTO. It adds up fast!
Everyone does! Did you know if you link your REDcard to Gleason, Target will donate 1% of your credit or debit purchases to the PTO! Go here for details.
Welcome back everyone!
The new school year is here and Gleason's PTO wants to keep you up to date on all that is happening this month.
The PTO used the proceeds from last year's Adventure Dash and Spring Carnival fundraisers to purchase a brand new marquee for the school. A digital marquee eliminates the need for parent volunteers to update the marquee one letter at a time! Be sure to check it often for announcements and news as it'll be updated frequently. If you'd like to wish your student a Happy Birthday on the new marquee go here! (deadline to purchase is sept 30)
The PTO also purchased a new mural for the cafeteria stage! This mural not only promotes school spirit but also serves as a much needed back drop for various events and performances throughout the school year. As an added bonus, students were able to watch the artist create and paint the mural during their lunchtime.
Looking for the student directory?
The online student directory is available at www.GleasonPTO.com. A PTO membership is required to access the directory. Annual membership is $10 and pays for the administrative costs of the PTO (taxes, insurance, bank fees, supplies, and our website). Being a member of the PTO does not mean you are required to attend meetings or volunteer.
Support the 5th Graders!
The 5th Grade class is selling magnetic decals with the Gleason logo for $7. All proceeds go towards their 5th Grade Day Party at the end of the year. Click here to order this decal as well as spirit shirts and other fun spirit items. If you pre-ordered a decal already, it will be delivered to your students homeroom soon.
Tuesday, Sept 11th, is Curriculum Night. Session 1 is 6:00-6:45pm. Ms Melancon will hold a short meeting at 6:45 regarding Gleason's Title 1 status. Then session 2 is from 7:00-7:45pm. This was mistakenly noted as a student holiday in the PAWS newsletter. Sept 11 is a school day!
Saturday, Sept 15th is Spirit Night at Twistee Treats on Jones Road from 5-9pm. Thursday, Sept 27th is Spirit Night at Chick-fil-A from 5-8pm. Mention Gleason and a portion of your sale goes to the PTO!
Tuesday, Sept 25th the PTO will hold a general meeting at Gleason at 9am. We will approve the budget for this school year. All are welcome!
- Attention 3rd and 5th grade parents! Volunteers are needed for the field trip to Nature Trails (especially for 5th grade.) Click here for training dates as well as field trip dates by homeroom.
- Sept 12th & 13th Ms Compton is looking for help with vision and hearing screenings. This involves recording height and weight as well as ushering students to and from the gym. No experience necessary! Click here for details.
- Being a homeroom parent is super easy and very helpful. You plan nothing, you buy nothing, you just set up the classroom on party day. Click here for dates and party times by grade.
- Click here to sign up to be on the 5th Grade Day planning committee and here to be on the yearbook committee.
- First grade teachers are looking for parent volunteers to help with a science demo on eggs and nests. Training is needed but easy! Click here for details.