Our PTO is made up of hard-working parents & teachers who pool their talents to provide practical support for our school. Those listed below volunteered to provide leadership the 2018-2019 school year. Get to know them and feel free to ask them if you have questions.
President- Megan Culpepper
Secretary- Heather Lam
Treasurer- Paige Brown
Historian- Elizabeth Garza
VP of Membership- Keri Mackenzie & Kelly Barsch
VP of Fall Fundraising- Kate Weatherford
VP of Spring Fundraising- Flavia Kudla
VP of Secondary Fundraising- Sunshine Heger
VP of Special Events- Traci Diedrich
Bilingual Liaison- open
School Supplies Coordinator- Tiffany Thomas
Spirit Shop- Gina Ognoskie & Kristi Kincaid
Home Room Parent Coordinator- Andrea Smith & Delia Love
Spring Silent Auction Coordinator- Teri Wedge & Ginger Patel
Science Resource Center Coordinator- Allison Etchinson
Teacher Appreciation Coordinator- Bree Murphy & Judie Kochenower
Marquee- Erin Bergeron
5th Grade Day Coordinator- Angela Doray, Rocio Luviano, & Katie Scheffler
The Gleason PTO is looking for parents to fill significant roles within our great organization! Please thoughtfully consider making an impact on your child’s school by filling one of these positions for the 2019-2020 school year. You can “co-chair” a role with another parent if you’d prefer!
- Historian - Yearbook! The school historian leads a committee of parent volunteers who share the responsibility of taking pictures at various school and PTO events. The historian puts together the final yearbook and is responsible for keeping track of sales and distributing the books to students. Yearbook sales generally make up $2,000 of the PTO’s annual revenue.
- Bilingual Liaison - This position was created to help encourage bilingual parent involvement with volunteer opportunities at the school and within the PTO.
- Teacher Appreciation - This role can easily be shared with a friend and is flexible enough to work with your schedule! It involves planning lunches, breakfasts, or snacks for the teachers and staff. The frequency and type of events is determined by you and the budget allocated to teacher appreciation.
Spring Fundraiser - The PTO’s largest fundraiser is the Spring Carnival & Silent Auction. Many people are needed to make this event happen, but the following key roles must be filled in order to have this event.
The Carnival makes up $20,000 of the PTO’s annual revenue. Without it, the budget would face a drastic reduction, and we would do much less to help out our students and dedicated teachers and staff.
- Carnival Chair - This person markets the carnival, works with the school district to reserve all the personnel and equipment needed, and selects the inflatables & and the DJ. They oversee the event from start to finish on carnival day.
- Games Chair - This person plans and organizes the games for carnival day.
If you need more information on any of the roles above, please contact us at GleasonElementaryPTO@gmail.com, and we will gladly answer any questions or concerns you may have.
We are so thankful for our community partners and all their support of Gleason's PTO